- Find something that helps distract you, it can be something as simple as going for a walk and looking up at the sky and trees.
- Listen to some music and move a pen around on a piece of paper depending on the way the music goes. Match the dynamics of the music to the dynamics of the line.
- Remember to hydrate and eat. Even if it is only a biscuit. You need food.
- Focus on your breathing and talk to yourself in a pep talk. Telling yourself that you are safe and that it will pass and you have got through it this far that you have the strength to keep going.
- Don’t block people out who are trying to help. Yet don’t invite people in that may not be able to handle the intensity as this can be toxic and undo all the positive work you may have done.
It’s the little things that go the furthest.